Harley-Davidson Nightster Review 2022 – My Attitude My Bike : Hello friends, if you are thinking of buying a “Bike” and you have no detailed idea about car, I welcome you to this blog. Today I will let you know – “Harley-Davidson Nightster Review 2022”.
Introducing an all-new member of the “Sport” family into their 2022 model lineup, the Nightster is a welcome leap forward for this American staple.
Wrapped around the new Revolution® Max 975T liquid-cooled V-Twin, is a familiar-looking Sportster chassis with traditional features like the rear outboard mounted shocks, round intake cover, and peanut styled fuel tank.
Harley Davidson has tuned the new powertrain for a stout 70 ft-lb of torque and 90hp. The new chassis should prove quite nimble with a 16” rear and 19” front wheel setup. LED lighting and selectable rider modes round out the modern features.
Highlights of Harley-Davidson Nightster
The Harley-Davidson Nightster features the new Revolution Max 975T powertrain, getting a 975cc liquid-cooled V-twin engine, pumping out 90PS and 95Nm, mated to a 6-speed transmission. Moving on from its olden days, Harley has equipped this engine with modern bits like variable valve timing, hydraulic valve lash adjustment and counterbalancers.
Harley has left no stone unturned when it comes to the Nightster’s underpinnings. Its chassis uses the engine as a stressed member coupled to an aluminium subframe. The chassis is linked to a premium 41mm Showa Dual Bending Valves at the front while the rear gets emulsion shocks which are adjustable for preload. For braking, a 320mm disc at the front is paired with a 260mm disc at the rear. It gets Dunlop Harley-Davidson Series Bias Blackwall tyres wrapped on a 19-incher up front and a 16-incher at the rear. At 705mm, its seat height is easily accessible for riders of all sizes. The puny 110mm of ground clearance though, can be an issue for our miserable roads.
The Harley-Davidson Nightster is likely to arrive in India by around November-December 2022, and could command a price tag of around Rs 14 lakh (ex-showroom). It would primarily go up against the Bonneville Speedmaster.
• Brand Name — Harley-Devidson
• Model — Nightster
• Segment — Cruiser Bike
• Body Type — Cruiser Bike
• Colour Option — Redline Red, Gunship Gray, Vivid Black
• Engine Type — Revolution™ Max 975T
• Engine Capacity — 975 cc
• Emission Standard — BS-VI
• Fuel Type — Petrol
• Battery Type — Lithium-Ion
• Transmission — 6 Speed Manual
• Maximum Power — 89.7 PS @ 7500 rpm
• Maximum Torque — 95 Nm @ 5750 rpm
• Number of Cylinders — 2
• Number of Gears — 6
• Kerb Weight — 481 lb. / 221 kg
• Fuel Tank Capacity — 11.7 litres
• Top speed — 120 mph
• Tank range — 216 miles
• Avg Fuel Consumption – 52.4 mpg City/Hwy
• Clutch — multi-plate wet clutch
• Final Drive — Belt
• Starter — Self-Start Only
• Seat — 1 Seater
• Seat Height — 27.1 in. / 705 mm
• Wheel base — 61.3 in. / 1545 mm
• Minimum ground clearance — 4.5 in. / 110 mm
• Wheel Type — Alloy
• Tyres Type — Tubeless
• Front Break Type — Disc
• Rear Break Type — Disc
• Price — ₹ 14 Lakhs (Expected)
• Warranty — Limited Factory Warranty
Harley-Davidson Nightster Review 2022 – My Attitude My Bike
American motorcycle manufacturer Harley-Davidson has revealed the all-new Nightster. The Harley-Davidson Nightster uses a smaller version of the bikemaker’s Revolution Max engine.
Visually, Nightster hits all the right notes that a traditional sportster should with its chopped front and rear fenders, a round headlamp, a solo bobber’s seat, a peanut-shaped fuel tank and a round air intake cover. That said, the iconic American bike maker has incorporated some modern touches to the motorcycle like seven-spoke black alloy wheels and a single-sided exhaust canister that looks beefy.
Dig deeper and one notices some intricate details like the visible fuel tank which is actually an airbox cover while the actual fuel tank is located under the seat behind the side covers. Placing this 12-litre fuel tank this way has allowed a lower centre of gravity for the bike while also allowing Harley Davidson to maximise size of the airbox. One needs to lift the hinged locking seat while refuelling.
Nightster is based on the same steel trellis frame as Sportster S thus showing its versatility. However, the former’s aluminium tail section and welded rectangular steel swingarm are different in comparison to the latter. The chassis is mounted on 41mm Showa dual bending valve telescopic forks at front and dual twin emulsion shock absorbers at rear which are directly attached to the swingarm.
The low-slung roadster rides on 19-inch front and 16-inch rear cast aluminium alloy wheels. Anchorage is handled by a 320mm disc in front with an axially mounted 4-piston calliper and a 260mm disc at rear with a floating single-piston calliper. An accessible seat height of 706mm accompanied by centre-set footpegs and a wide handlebar pulled towards the rider should provide comfortable riding ergonomics.
Harley-Davidson Nightster Review 2022 : Specification
Powering the new roadster motorcycle is a 975cc, liquid-cooled, V-Twin engine that produces 90bhp of power at 7,500rpm and a peak torque of 95Nm at 5,000rpm. This engine is paired to a 6-speed gearbox via an assist and slip mechanical wet clutch. The powertrain is basically the downsized version of the 1252cc powering Sportster S.
The motorcycle is based on a lightweight chassis, which is paired to a powerful engine tuned for strong mid-range performance. The bike has mid foot controls and a low-rise handlebar for a comfortable posture. The motorcycle has a low seat height of 706mm.
• Engine Type — 975 cc V-twin, Revolution® Max 975T
• Engine Capacity — 975 cc V-twin
• Power — 90 HP / 67 kW @ 7500 rpm
• Torque — 70 ft-lb (95 Nm)
• Bore x Stroke — 3.82 in x 2.6 in.
• Compression Ratio — 12:1
• Fuel System — Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
• Starter — Electric
• Transmission — 6-speed
• Primary Drive — Gear, 49/89 ratio
• Exhaust — 2-into-1; catalyst in header
• Wet Weight — 481 lb. (218 kg)
• Seat Height — 27.8 in. (705 mm)
• Front Fork — 41mm SHOWA® Dual Bending Valve conventional forks. Aluminum fork triple clamps.
• Rear Fork — Rear suspension is dual outboard, direct-acting (no linkage) emulsion technology shock absorbers with coil springs and a threaded collar for pre-load adjustment.
• Wheels, Front Type — Aluminum cast, satin black
• Wheels, Rear Type — Aluminum cast, satin black
• Brakes Front — Axially mounted, 4-piston caliper
• Brakes Rear — Floating, single piston caliper
• Tires Front — 100/90-19 57H
• Tires Rear — 150/80B16 77H
• ANTI-LOCK BRAKE SYSTEM (ABS)
• TRACTION CONTROL SYSTEM (TCS)
• DRAG-TORQUE SLIP CONTROL SYSTEM (DSCS)
• Total Odometer (Selectable Miles or km),
• Trip A/B,
• Gear Position Indication,
• Fuel Range,
• 12/24 Hr Clock,
• Digital Tachometer,
• Segmented Feul Level,
• Ride Mode Indication
• Fuel Tank Capacity — 11.7 Litters
• Warranty — Limited Warranty
Harley-Davidson Nightster Features Review 2022
Harley-Devidson will be offered in Vivid Black, Gunship Grey, and Redline Red colour schemes. It is suspended on 41 mm Showa-sourced Dual Bending Valve conventional forks and shock absorbers with coil springs and a threaded collar for pre-load adjustment. It is expected to go on sale soon in the United States with a starting price of $13,499 (Rs. 14 lakh approximately).
The 2022 Harley-Davidson Nightster features Antilock Braking System (ABS), Traction Control System (TCS), Drag-Torque Slip Control System (DSCS), Selectable Ride Modes (Road, Sport and Rain), four-inch analogue speedometer with an inset multi-function LCD display mounted on the handlebar riser, LED headlamp, tail lamp and indicators, etc.
Harley-Davidson Nightster Features Review 2022 : Engine & Gearbox
• ENGINE — Revolution™ Max 975T
• DISPLACEMENT — 975 cc
• COMPRESSION RATIO — 12.0:1
• BORE — 97 mm
• STROKE — 66 mm
• FUEL SYSTEM — Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
• EXHAUST — 2-into-1; catalyst in header
• ENGINE TORQUE TESTING METHOD
• EC 134/2014
• ENGINE TORQUE — 95 Nm
• ENGINE TORQUE (RPM) — 5750
• HORSEPOWER — 89 HP / 66 kW @ 7500 rpm
• LEAN ANGLE, RIGHT (DEG.) — 32
• LEAN ANGLE, LEFT (DEG.) — 32
• FUEL ECONOMY TESTING METHOD — EU 134/2014
• FUEL ECONOMY — 5.1 l/100 km
Physical measures and capacities of Harley-Davidson Nightster
• LENGTH — 2,250 mm
• SEAT HEIGHT, UNLADEN — 705 mm
• GROUND CLEARANCE — 110 mm
• RAKE — 30
• TRAIL — 137 mm
• WHEELBASE — 1,545 mm
• TIRES, FRONT SPECIFICATION — 100/90-19 57H
• TIRES, REAR SPECIFICATION —150/80B16 77H
• FUEL CAPACITY — 11.7 l
• OIL CAPACITY (W/FILTER) — 4.5 l
• WEIGHT, AS SHIPPED — 211 kg
• WEIGHT, IN RUNNING ORDER — 221 kg
Chassis & Suspension Features of Harley-Davidson Nightster
• Frame — Steel trellis w/ aluminum forged mid-structure
• Suspension Front — 41mm SHOWA™ Dual Bending Valve conventional forks. Aluminum fork triple clamps.
• Suspension Rear — Rear suspension is dual outboard, direct-acting (no linkage) emulsion technology shock absorbers with coil springs and a threaded collar for pre-load adjustment.
Wheels, Tyres & Break Features of Harley-Davidson Nightster
• Front tyre size — 100/90 x 19
• Rear tyre size — 150/80 x 16
• TIRE, TYPE — Dunlop™ Harley-Davidson Series Bias Blackwall
• WHEELS, FRONT TYPE — Aluminum cast, satin black
• WHEELS, REAR TYPE — Aluminum cast, satin black
• BRAKES, CALIPER TYPE — ABS
• Front Break — 1 x 320mm disc with four-piston Brembo caliper. ABS
• Rear Break — 260mm single disc with one-piston caliper. ABS
Comfort & Safety Features of Harley-Davidson Nightster
• ANTI-LOCK BRAKE SYSTEM (ABS)
• TRACTION CONTROL SYSTEM (TCS)
• DRAG-TORQUE SLIP CONTROL SYSTEM (DSCS)
• SCREEN SIZE — 4″ Analog Instrument with Segmented LCD (102 mm)
• SCREEN TYPE — Analog Display
• LANGUAGES — English (default)
• VEHICLE INFORMATION SCREEN (AIR TEMPERATURE, OIL PRESSURE AND EITMS) — Total Odometer (Selectable Miles or km), Trip A/B, Gear Position Indication, Fuel Range, 12/24 Hr Clock, Digital Tachometer, Segmented Feul Level, Ride Mode Indication
• 4 inch viewable round gauge area analog display with,
• L/R turn Indication,
• Traction Control Indication,
• Coolant Temperature Alert,
• ABS alert,
• Fog Lamp Indication,
• Battery Voltage Alert,
• High Beam Indicator,
• Low Fuel Indication,
• Rear-ABS Disabled Indication,
• Failure-Indication Alert,
• Neutral Position Indication,
• Low Tire Pressure indication,
• Check Engine Light indication,
• Oil Pressure Alert,
• Service Indication.
Electrical Features of Harley-Davidson Nightster
• All LED headlamp,
• low and high beam with signature position lighting;
• all LED rear lighting;
• LED bullet turn signals
Instrumental features of Harley-Davidson Nightster
• Speedometer — Digital
• Tachometer — Digital
• Trip Meter — Digital
• Odometer — Digital
• Clock — Digital
• Fuel Gauge — Digital
• Traction Control
• Service Due Indicator
Harley-Davidson Nightster Review 2022 : Impressive Looks
The Harley-Davidson features all the traditional design cues of a Harley Sportster model. These include the round headlight unit (which along with the rest of the lights are all LED), chopped off front and rear, a bobber style seat, and the traditional peanut-shaped fuel tank.
However, all is not as it looks as the peanut-shaped ‘fuel tank’ is actually the cover for the large airbox unit. The actual fuel tank now sits under the seat beside the side covers of the Nightster. While this lowers the centre of mass of the new Nightster, it does mean that owners will have to lift up the hinged seat every time they want to fill up.
Other features on the new Harley-Davidson Nightster are the cast aluminium spoked alloy wheels that are painted black, the rear-view mirrors mounted on the ends of the handlebars and the thick exhaust setup that exits out of the right side of the bike.
The new Harley-Davidson Nightster also features a circular four-inch semi-digital display for the instrumentation.
This display shows the following readouts – Speedometer, L/R turn Indication, Traction Control Indication, Coolant Temperature Alert, ABS alert, Fog Lamp Indication, Battery Voltage Alert, High Beam Indicator, Low Fuel Indication, Rear-ABS Disabled Indication, Failure-Indication Alert, Neutral Position Indication, Low Tire Pressure indication, Check Engine Light indication, Oil Pressure Alert, Service Indication
The Nightster from Harley-Davidson also features an assist and slipper clutch setup, and three riding modes – Rain, Road and Sport. The bike also features a traction control system along with a drag-torque slide control system.
Harley-Davidson Nightster Review 2022 : Performance
At the heart of the 2022 Nightster model is the new Revolution Max 975T powertrain. It is a liquid-cooled, 60-degree V-Twin with a torque curve that stays flat through the broad powerband – and engine performance designed to deliver strong acceleration and robust power through the mid-range. The length and shape of the intake velocity stacks, combined with the airbox volume, are tuned to maximize performance across the engine speed range. The profiles of dual overhead camshafts and Variable Valve Timing phasing on the intake valves are designed to match the performance of this engine.
Hydraulic valve lash adjustment ensures quiet operation and eliminates the need for costly, complicated service procedures. Internal balancers help reduce engine vibration to enhance rider comfort and improve vehicle durability. The balancers are tuned to retain just enough vibration to make the motorcycle feel alive.
The Nightster model pairs a nimble, lightweight chassis with a powerful engine tuned for strong mid-range performance, an ideal combination for navigating urban traffic and charging along curving backroads. Mid foot controls and a low-rise handlebar put the rider in a centered, comfortable posture on the bike. Unladen seat height is 27.8 inches. The low seat height combined with a narrow profile makes it possible for most riders to confidently place feet down flat at a stop.
The Revolution Max 975T powertrain is the central, structural component of the Nightster motorcycle chassis, which significantly reduces motorcycle weight and results in a very stiff chassis. The tail section structure is lightweight aluminum. The swingarm is formed of welded rectangular steel tubing and is an attachment point for the dual rear shock absorbers.
Front suspension is 41mm SHOWA Dual Bending Valve conventional forks designed to provide improved handling performance by keeping the tire in contact with the road surface. The rear suspension features dual outboard emulsion-technology shock absorbers with coil springs and a threaded collar for pre-load adjustment.
Harley-Davidson Nightster Review 2022 : Ride & Comfort
The Nightster is an absolute joy to ride in the hills. It drops into corners with little more than a shift of the hips and slight pressure on the handlebars, and stays there without protest. The chassis is stiff and responsive, inspiring confidence as you flow from right turn to left turn. It was here that the Nightster truly felt at home.
Suspension is excellent all around, but particularly because H-D used a target “ideal” rider mass of 190 pounds, which happens to be near my weight. Thanks, H-D… Up front is a nonadjustable 41mm conventional Showa Dual Bending Valve fork, the same valving technology we’ve seen in H-D’s touring line for years. Dual outboard emulsions shocks are preload adjustable, mounted at the same angle as shocks on air-cooled Nightster models, but are 1 inch longer.
On the highway the Nightster was plush and comfortable while still transmitting good road feel; small bumps were scarcely noticed and the occasional square-edged hit would pass without any major disturbance. When we met more winding roads the suspension was tight and firm, responding predictably with a high level of control and composure. Small midcorner bumps at max lean angle are easily dismissed and don’t upset the intended line. They only folded the footpeg back a bit as I scraped my boot.
Harley-Davidson claims 32 degrees of available lean angle before the Nightster’s footpeg touches, compared to 29 and 30 degrees left and right on the 2012 Nightster. If your feet are narrower than mine, you can likely use that full range, but if you have anything resembling a size 13 boot, you will likely scrape that first, as the 3-inch footpegs were not wide enough to span the width of my shoe and a bulky exhaust system prevents me from toeing the right peg. By the time I reached maximum lean in a corner, I had already shaved a quarter of an inch off the side of my boot rubber.
Harley-Davidson Nightster Review 2022 : Powertrain & Range
ABS is the start, but not the end, of the rider-safety goodies on the Nightster. Also included in the base package is the switchable Traction Control and Drag-Torque Slip Control System to complete the protection for the rear contact patch whether you’re accelerating or engine braking. Selectable Ride Modes complete the package with a trio of power-delivery modes that let you dial in throttle response to fit the prevalent conditions.
The Revolution Max 975T powerplant made the latest evolutionary jump along with the rest of the Nightster. It’s a liquid-cooled mill that utterly eliminates the cooling fins of old for a very different looking and modern engine. The 97 mm bore and 66 mm stroke is unusual in its oversquare layout. Typically, H-D’s run an undersquare, or long-stroke, layout, but this new ratio contributes to the higher revolutions and greater horsepower output than ever before on a Sporty.
The 12-to-1 compression ratio is also pretty spicy, but a necessary evil to get the 90 ponies out of the engine. Horsepower tops out at 7,500 rpm while the 70 pounds of grunt fully develop at a smooth five grand. Like its predecessor, the new Sportster engine comes as an all-in-one unit with the six-speed transmission.
The Nightster presents itself as a more affordable and practical alternative to the strictly single seater Sportster. The bike will launch in India in the coming months and we expect the ex-showroom price to be somewhere in the Rs 14.5 lakh-15 lakh range.
Thank you all for reading this post. In our today’s article, I have provided detailed information about – (Harley-Davidson Nightster Review 2022 – My Attitude My Bike) the life and we hope that this important article presented by us has proved to be very useful for you and you will be able to understand this article easily. If you like the post, please comment and share your opinion with your loved ones.
[…] Harley-Davidson Nightster Review […]